Reminders for Paper Entry-
ALL FEES MUST ACCOMPANY ENTRY FORM
Entries Close July 10, 2020 at PM
Mail-in Entries must be postmarked NO later than July 3, 2020
Entry fees are non-refundable unless approved by the Fair Board and a signed medical release is provided.
Rule: May only enter three (3) times, not more than two (2) times in each division
**New Time- 6 PM on July 29th **
If you have any questions please call the Fair Office at 307-684-7357
A. Event Rules
- Entries will be Open; no numbering system will be used.
- Ranch sorting is a 2-man team sorting 10 cattle numbered 0-9 and 2 unnumbered cattle for a total of 12 head.
- There will be two rounds. The top 20 quickest qualified runs advance to Round 2.
- A run starts with team members on opposite side of start line from cattle. Time is started when the first horse’s nose crosses the “gate” between the two pens and the first number to be sorted (random draw) will be announced. The cattle will then be sorted increasing in sequence from that number (for example, if the first # is 4, then they bring 4-5-6 in order).
- If two or more cows cross the line together as long as the nose of the correct number or numbers cross the line first the cattle are considered to be in order regardless of whether they finish crossing in that order.
- If any part of a wrong numbered cow starts across the line it is a no time or if any part of a correct numbered cow starts across the line and then backs out it is also considered a no time.
- If an unnumbered cow crosses the line or an already sorted cow goes back through the gate, it is a no time.
- Roughing – A team will be disqualified for roughing – consisting of any physical contact by horse or rider at the judges’ discretion.
- No All-Around points awarded.
Round 1 will be a 3-head sort with a 60 second time limit. The run time will be complete when the third cow crosses the line. Two successful cattle without a disqualification in 60 seconds may still qualify to move to the second round. The quickest time gets a payout.
Round 2 is a 10-head sort with a 75 second time limit. The team sorts as many cattle as possible without disqualifying. The quickest time on the most number of cattle gets a payout. ** If the top two teams sort the same number of cattle (less than 10) in 75 seconds, they will have a sort-off to see who gets the most cattle in the shortest time to determine the winner of the round.